Monday, September 2, 2013

First week overview!

Internet here has been spotty, so hopefully there will be enough to upload a few pictures along with this post.  We've had our first week of classes here at Pullen Farm and work is already piling up! But, I'm not going to let that stress me out and instead am determined to take advantage of where I am instead of sitting inside during the day and working on homework.  So, I've been slack lining, going on hikes, etc.  The good thing about the site we're in right now is that we can walk around by ourselves without a game guard.  Unfortunately that also means that there isn't any big game, so I'm ready to get to Skukuza on Friday and see some more animals and do some more field work.  I know that later on in the trip I'll be glad that we got all the lecturing out of the way in the beginning, but sitting inside listening to lectures while I'm in South Africa just seems wrong!
I'll check in again once we're in Skukuza and I'll have more internet and more pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment